Sunday, July 31, 2016

Oo De Lally, Oo De Lally, Golly What a Day

     The shock has worn off, so now I only feel slightly numb. I am in the process of making myself entirely numb. One and a half down, four and a half to go. Maybe more, who knows.

     It was a nice day, otherwise. Finally got my brake lamp replaced, and a new fuse for the cigar lighter (only so I can charge my phone, no worries). Then I headed to Portage County for my annual trip out to some of my old stomping grounds. Got halfway to Ravenna, realized how early it was, and decided instead to go visit Mike at home in Canton. Spent a good bit of time with him this year, around two hours' worth, which is the most since just after Gabe was murdered back in '95 when he was in Kent. THEN I went up and over to Ravenna and had my annual A&W snack/dinner, while setting the waitstaff on its ear (they REALLY dug the southern gentleman, ROTFLMAO!). Didn't get to chat with either of the Roenses, he wasn't there, and she was busy in the kitchen. Ah, well, next year!

     Didn't get to hike anywhere near as far as I wanted to along the Cuyahoga this time. If I hadn't have waited for Alexia, I'd been fine, but her mother wanted her to finish stocking, so...*sigh* every year we do our little dance ("I was gonna marry you!" "You were thirteen!" "So what?" "I lived twelve hours away!" "I didn't care!" *glares at her* %giggles% *smiles* we both fall out laughing, ah, good times). The drive back to Brunswick SUCKED from the time I got on 303 until just before 130th, thanks to a *&^%ing stupid female dog who couldn't drive worth a shit. I will NOT go into detail about that, as just telling my cousin about it raised my BP to where I was seeing red and blue behind my eyes.

     GEEZ! Now I find out Mike's dad collapsed and was rushed to the hospital shortly after I left Mike's house! Apparently, Major Tom, being the trooper that he is, was more concerned about how my visit with Mike went, LOL!

     Now my cousin and I are reminiscing about grandma Fidler, and how scared we were of her, LOL! Bingo, bowling, you name it.

     Okay, it's time to get serious about this drinking shit...









You aren't my number one priority anymore. You can't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment