Monday, July 11, 2016

Day One

     Well, the first day of SummerJam is winding down. I just wish my back was. Two muscle relaxers today, and they haven't done a thing. Ah, well. I'll be laying down in a bit, try and take some weight off the muscles, which means I'll have to do my PT in the morning instead of tonight (which is kind of a good thing considering the VERY nasty storm that is on its way here in a few minutes).

     Registration was kind of a zoo, firstly because SOMEONE (most likely the janitor) let people into the lobby before we wanted them there...then all the people who had to see Linda for one reason or another. Poor Linda, lol, she was getting frazzled near the end.

     Day one of teaching...ugh. I really was kind of clueless. The kids were well behaved, regardless, and, in fact, one actually asked for a little help at the end of class (he was having a hard time with crossing over/under when playing a scale).

     I decided I was going to perform tomorrow night in the faculty recital. I originally was going to do "O Isis und Osiris" from Mozart's The Magic Flute, which I've been working on all summer, but decided to do something fun instead: "Overweight People," which is an Allan Sherman parody of "Over the Rainbow." And it looks like the 5 of us counselors who are in Chorale will also be doing "Jabberwocky."

     I knew I was going to have a specific issue working this, and I thought I got away with it...until we came back from dinner. Listening to some of the world's most gorgeous arias and duets didn't help matters, either (in, fact, actually made it worse). But, as it's been said (many times, many ways, Merry Christm...oh, wait) before, "suck it up, Buttercup!"

     I go to school with some of the best people, work with and am instructed by some of the best people, and am administered by some of the best people. In. The. World. I firmly believe what Dr. Hancock says about his having the best job in the country...

     Gah, this bloody back! Let me go get horizontal so I don't look like a fool on stage tomorrow night...




The twinkle in your eye, the smile on your lips...

No comments:

Post a Comment