Sunday, July 17, 2016

Final Day and the Return Home and Today

     The last day of SummerJam was bittersweet to the extreme. An excellent final concert by the major ensembles (Jazz Band, Chorus, Orchestra, and Band), followed by having to say goodbye to those extremely talented kids. I let myself get aggrieved by the fact that, although Michael told us what we were to do after breaking down the stage, only I did so. The result being it taking Michael and me nearly 3x the time it should have, and everybody waiting on me to finish packing up and checking out of my room. "We didn't know..." ??? You were sitting right there next to him as he told us what the deal was...

     We then went to Michael's house for a cookout, which was cool, even though I was practically ignored by my peers. Then I bloody fell asleep in a chair. Oy. When I left, I really did not feel like going home. So, since I had my bat in the car, I took myself to the cages on Sycamore Dairy Rd. and belted about 34 balls (whiffed on one, tipped five others). Kept the other 3 tokens I had purchased for a later date. Posted my availability for today's coed tourney in Wilmington on the SSAA page, but no takers. Ah, well.

     Slept in a few hours this morning, and I actually feel a bit rested. I need to go out later and get a new pair of cleats, then I probably will hit the cages again, need to work on my timing, as I'm pulling the trigger much faster than I used to...that and I need to develop a fat-man swing instead of trying to use my old one.

     Anyway, I'm going to eat a late lunch, then run those errands, maybe include breaking in my new cleats to the list.




I try and I try to put you out of my mind, but to no avail

No comments:

Post a Comment