Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Day Two

You may think you have moved on from him, but you haven't.

     Day Two. Still a few hiccups, but pretty smooth day overall. A better piano class than yesterday, although I'm gonna have to unplug one of the kids' mic before one of his classmates strangles him. >_<

     Couldn't get moving this morning, which is weird, since I was out before midnight last night.

     Working with such great kids (here I mean my fellow counselors), especially the other 3 residential counselors, but definitely all 7 of them. Thanks to Hannah for picking me up some shampoo last night since I had forgotten mine at home, and Davey for taking the kids to Nimocks both today and yesterday so I can try and untwist my back, and Amanda for helping me clear the cafeteria this evening.

     I'm so glad I changed my mind about what I was going to sing this evening. The kids (and some of the parents) were ROLLING during my song. Here are the lyrics:

Overweight People
(To the melody of "Over the Rainbow")

Somewhere overweight people
Just like me
Must have someplace where folks don't
Count ev'ry calorie

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up tall
There's a land where they've never
Heard of cholesterol

Where folks can eat just what they want
And still be slim and trim and gaunt
You'll find me

Where ev'ry little thing I taste
Won't wind up showing on my waist
Or worse, behind me

Somewhere over-indulging
Is divine
If there waistlines aren't bulging
Why, then, oh why, does mine?

If bluebirds weighed as much as I
You'd see some big fat bluebirds in the sky

     Oh, the kids were loving it! That made it completely, utterly, and entirely worth it.

     Well, this isn't getting my song finished...see you tomorrow.


Seriously, you are still hung up on that...person. Don't lie to yourself and say that you aren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment