Sunday, July 10, 2016

Well, then!

     So, crazy day this was. Started very sllllllooooooooowwwwwwwly, it was two hours into my first shift before I got my first order. Then, near the end of the shift, as I was getting ready to head to Roseboro to check out a softball tournament (more on that in a bit), my second order comes in. ALWAYS right near the end of a shift.

     Anyway. Softball. It's been almost 12 years since I've played in an organized game, 20 since I played in a league, 24 since I played with my squadron's touring team. I didn't realize how badly I missed playing until I saw the excitement in my friend's face in their posts about the various tournaments they've played, and remembered how I felt every weekend when I was stationed in DLI, as the 311th MTS (formally the 3483rd STUS) Prime Falcons played in whatever tournament we could find up and down the Pacific coast. DLI. Naval Post-Grad. Fort Ord. Mather AFB. McChord AFB. Seattle, Tacoma, Astoria, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego, Reno, Lake Tahoe. Great times. I want to feel that excitement again. So, I've been working on getting back to form. And, depending on how I do at the cages, I may go down to Wilmington next Sunday and see if anyone needs a body for the co-ed tournament they're playing there.

     Anyway (again), I went to Roseboro to take in the atmosphere of an all-day tournament, see if my blood would stir again. Boy, did it. I was seriously itching to take the field in one of the games I viewed. And, honestly it'd have been a marked improvement in any of the games that were going on. I also got to see my friend reach first on an error then get thrown out at second (have no idea why their coach sent them). Wish I could have stayed to catch the entire game, but had to get back to town for my next shift.




I burn for the touch...

No comments:

Post a Comment