Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Day Three

     This will have to be short and sweet, as my back is just not letting up. Today was a pretty good day. I finally got through to one of my piano students and discovered why he has been shy about answering questions and playing whatever we're working on, so for the rest of camp I'll have him work at his own pace from my 1st year book, while the rest are working on the remainder of the packet. Again, these kids should be with Scott's regular piano class, not in my or any other beginning piano class. Supposedly Michael is working on something to prevent this going forward.

     All day long, kids kept coming up to me wanting to talk about or say how much they liked my song last night. I tell you, if I can make the kids happy, I've done my job. I've heard it from adults for the last 25 years, and it gets hard to sort genuine delight from sarcasm/false praise.

     Hannah's Scottish Drum master class was a huge hit. Men's chorus is kinda stuck (no one wants to do the solos in Duke of Earl), but are making progress on the other song. Movie night was a success, as was the ice cream social (although they DID run out of the good ice cream before any of the counselors, besides Davey, got any. Ah, well, they did find a small block for the rest of us...

     Then back here to the dorms. Put some more work into my piece (Daniel tentatively said he would premier it when it was ready!), most of the chords are figured out, so now I just have to plug them in then add the flavor.

Okie dokie, gotta go, back is SCREAMING. I will blog at y'all later!



My day was made, thank you, although my devil's advocate questions your altruism...

No comments:

Post a Comment