Wednesday, August 3, 2016

We represent the Lollipop Guild, the Lollipop Guild, the Lollipop Guild...




     I very seriously do not want to go home. Not yet. I’m still finding and re-centering myself, and honestly, I’ve not felt this at ease in a long time. Possibly later today I’ll go get myself lost in the Nature Center of Brunswick, off 303, if I can replace a few provisions in my pack. Still ticked that I’ll have to order it online if I want to replace my tent since it was destroyed.





     Hopefully I will get a positive response to the e-mail I sent concerning picking up the transmission rather than having it shipped (thus saving me $130+ in shipping costs; the business is in Charlotte), in which case I will load up the Lincoln (and head to DC…wait, isn’t that from Rappin’ Duke?…hrm) and go pick up the tranny, get back, and make numbnuts install it, all before NSO training on Monday evening (15th).



     I’ll be finalizing my entry for the Spartan Sprint coming in September later today. I’m not ready yet, but I’m still excited to do it. Plus the BBQ fundraiser out in Raeford afterwards (Chew ’n Brew)…gonna be a helluva good time! Our goal is 300 team members (get it?). Even if we have a mere third of that, that guarantees no man left behind. DAMN, but I get more and more pumped each time I think about this!

     And I did get a good response from the shop in Charlotte. All I have to do is give them a call (after the settlement hits, assuming my bank doesn't drag their ass on clearing it, since it's supposed to be in NLT 1500 (about an hour from now). It'd be nice if it was on time so I can pick up some things while I'm still up here (replacement supplies for my pack, etc.).

     Hmmm, our NSO Captain is calling for help for next Wednesday (day after my last day of work, where I was going to have James work on my transmission). Ah, the hell with it, he can work on it Thursday.

     Acquired a copy of Schubert's Die Winterreise, transposed down a whole step, to start looking at. I already have the final song in my head ('Der Leiermann'). Haunting. Dr. Susan suggested doing a mini-cycle from the work, starting with the first song, 'Gute Nacht', then something from the middle, and ending with 'Der Leiermann'. Mission accepted. Also, and it's going to take WORK, I plan on performing the Cavatina di Figaro from Il Barbiere di Siviglia in my "Senior" recital in the spring of 2019.

     One downside on my car...haven't found any USB connections for the stereo. I'll have to go back to making CDs, as there's a 6-disc changer in the glove compartment (if you can call it that, as the changer takes up almost all of the space). Yeah, yeah, First World Problems. Shut up.

     Well, let's go at least check out the Nature Center (it's right across the street from here, the library). Later, kids.










No comments:

Post a Comment