Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

     Dare I actually hope this is real? The message I received in my inbox seemed legit, but I know you have to be a subscriber to send messages in the first place, so why do the old "phone number in a weird format" routine like you are on a free account and/or are making use of a free communication period? But, caution be damned, I texted the number. After a few exchanges, I went to visit the profile, only to find it was hidden sometime between the first text and about the 10th...hmmm, the conspiracy theorist in me pokes his head up...

     The conversation meandered around, giving me an uneasy feeling, as if I were talking to a program. When she said that she hoped to chat later since she had to go 'attend to things', I figure "yeah, this is done..."

     To my surprise, she contacts me a few hours later and we chat some more. Now, the conversation is more human-ish (?) and flows, and we start to talk about ourselves. We then exchange photos, and, well, damn, you can tell it's the same person as in her profile pic. She then asks if I would like to be in a serious relationship with her. *SCREEEEEEEEEEECH!*

     We just "met" this morning! Lord! Then she casually mentions that she won't be back in the States for 2 more weeks, as she is in West Africa, helping the homeless and war-torn victims, but hopes to meet by then...this is getting weird almost.

     "How many ladies are you in contact with on Match?"
     "Do you plan on staying on Match since you have my contact info?"
     "Are you wanting to meet more ladies?"

     Meh. What will be will be. Let us see what the morrow brings...









*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment