Wednesday, August 10, 2016

I apologize to those who have already read the first few paragraphs on my Facebook page. They are here for those who don't follow me on the Book of Face...


     I love Methodist University! This was a FANTASTIC day!
     Yes, it was an early start time for us, but those of us NSO leaders who volunteered for today were ready to go as soon as we hit Berns. All operations ran smoothly throughout the day. There was much laughing and singing (okay, I did the majority of the singing, I didn't care who was around or listening; and people WERE listening 😁) and dancing (okay, I did most of the dancing, too, lol).
     It took me responding to Dr. Hancock's leading of the cheer to get the audience going during the orientation for football players, and I actually kinda hurt myself responding, lol. Throughout the day there was a continuous stream of compliments and exclamations directed at me, and I once again felt home (‪#‎MUIsHome‬). Between the assistant AD complimenting my voice to Ashley having a fit at how much I've changed in 3 months to Dean Harris expressing how much he enjoys my school spirit, I am honestly still grinning like an idiot.

     I'm actually upset that it'll be another 5 days before I'm back on campus for NSO training and stuff...



     So, as some of you may or may not know, the Robin Williams/Dustin Hoffman/Julia Roberts film "Hook" is my second favorite movie of all time. When it made it to the State Theater in downtown Monterey in the spring of '92, not only did I see it seven times in five days, I managed to convince several of my flightmates and classmates to join me on occasion, after which THEY watched it a few more times themselves.
     In honor of its 25th anniversary, I am planning an outdoor viewing of the movie on Sunday, December 11th, the 11th being the release date back in 1991. I am also going to christen my YouTube page with a rendition of "When You're All Alone" from the film's soundtrack.

     C'mon, August 22nd!









Even still, my heart yearns for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment