Saturday, September 3, 2016

It's the Final Countdown (insert overused guitar rift here...)

     Too many distractions. Too much drama. Too many people trying to bring me back down to where I was. Too many painful memories continually appearing. So, in light of almost falling behind in my studies, falling behind in my fitness goals, and losing ground on preparation for race day, I've decided to purge myself of social media, for a minimum of one week (i.e. until after the race next Saturday, which will be EPIC!). That means more than just not checking Facebook. That means logging out of not ONLY Facebook, but Instagram, Twitter, Match, Messenger, Whisper, Snapchat, Kik, whatever other things that are out there.

     Without the distractions of the last 3 weeks, there might have been more of a difference in the following photos:



June 27th, 2016

September 3rd, 2016

     Yes, you're reading those dates correctly. Yes, that's 9 weeks and 5 days. Holy shlamoly. 

     I know, I know, it's like being upset that your goose that lays golden eggs doesn't also barf up diamonds...

     Distractions, distractions, distractions. Some I've allowed to happen, others I have no control over, but have let bother me anyway. As a result, I've missed going to the gym for much longer than I like, I've not been prepping myself for this Spartan Race next Saturday (although, with 281 runners on the team, there won't really be much in the way of actual running involved, as we're taking the obstacles as a team), I've let things get back into my head, I've started to fall behind in my homework...just a lot of crap.

     Great opening game of our football season! Down 20-17, 47 seconds left in the game, and our QB lobs a 38-yd TD pass that miraculously went between both defenders covering the receiver in the corner of the endzone, and with the PAT, we went up 24-20, which was the eventual final score, giving first-year head coach Keven Williams his first win.

     Seven days until transformation...

No comments:

Post a Comment