Monday, September 5, 2016

Tick-tock goes the clock...

     Just under 5 days until we once again take the title for Largest Team and we show the community what OEW can do! By this time Saturday, we will be finished or very nearly so. What will happen when we cross the finish line...we'll know WHEN we get there.

     And just a few days left to get 11 more people to join the team to make the goal of 300 (get it?).

     As of this morning, we have 289 people on our team:



     Ages range from 14 years to 67, a ratio of around 43% females and 57% males, and only about 15% of our team is from the immediate area.

     Can you tell I'm just a little stoked about this? What originally started as a lark, then a more serious endeavor, then an effort to create a team of friends, finally became an opportunity to be a part of something incredibly amazing. Whether I limp across the finish line, fall face first over it, or jog across it in total triumph, the fact will remain: I will have done it, regardless of what everyone else thought would happen (and I've heard the whispers, don't think I haven't. I just choose to ignore you and will take great delight in seeing your faces after all is said and done). Funnily enough, my biggest cheerleaders are staff and faculty members at MU. Especially my former WEL-2180 professor, whose one little assignment last fall began this transformative journey. I really can't say "thanks" enough, Doc!

     So, since I'm avoiding the gym until after the race (don't want to risk injuring myself in some way), I'm off for some calisthenics then a quick jog before heading to campus and then rehearsal.

     Just under 5 days...wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment