Thursday, September 15, 2016

Welcome back to reality...

     So, finally got on a rec team. I now play for the Holy Trinity Episcopalian Scared Hitless softball team. And this is how I'm greeted:



Swollen like a grapefruit...

     Second batter of the game, ground ball to short, I'm heading to the bag to at least get the lead, if not turn two. Didn't see the freakin' hole next to the base, and I swear I heard something snap. It's not broken, thank God, but I had to play the rest of the game on it (mercifully it only went 5 innings), yet still managed to earn my paycheck. In addition to the assist on that putout (still hung on to the ball and dragged my foot across the bag), I had two more assists, four putouts (had pretty decent range even with that ankle), and went 2 for 3 with a single and a double, an RBI and two runs scored.

     What welcome back to the game. Ah, well, even with the injury, I had one hell of a good time. I'll get a lot more of these during the season:


     Two tests, a practice test, and the return of a test during tomorrow's school day. What fun. Theory III and Physical Science have the tests, VB Programming has the practice, and we should get our Pre-Calc tests from Wednesday back. Then have to make a run to the landfill, then probably some other things have to be done that I've forgotten.  *sigh*

     I run a freakin' Spartan Race, slightly ding a shoulder and get a few bumps, bruises, scrapes, and cuts. Play less than 5 minutes of a softball game and completely jack my ankle up. SMDH. Ah, well. Need to also do some laundry since we have to take pictures for the new Full Tuition Music Scholarship brochures tomorrow.

     Courtney, I love you very much, and if you need me to, I'll do what needs to be done, capisce? You know we are all here for you.

     Alright, enough babbling on, a lot to do, short time to do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment